If you wish to chat with other fans of Altermeta in real time, feel free to joing the IRC channel! Before doing so, make sure to read the rules and connection info. If you need help connecting, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This channel is for fans of the webcomic Altermeta. While we certainly allow and encourage conversation that does not involve the webcomic, it also means that coming in to badmouth the comic or its creator will be frowned upon. Legitimate critique is always okay though!
- This is a safe for work channel. Any links that do not comply with that must be labeled as NSFW on the same line. Please keep discussion at a PG-13 level as we do allow minors into the chat.
- Be excellent to each other! Everyone comes from a different life, and everyone has their own experiences and preferences. Play nice with everyone and if thereís a conflict you canít work out between yourselves, please ask an op to step in and help. We all have different tastes and interests and beliefs. Don't shove them down someone else's throat and don't make fun of others for their own.
- Disparaging and hate language will not be tolerated. This includes racial slurs, offensive language against religions, sexuality, and other groups of people.
- Please try to speak proper English to the best of your ability. This is a primarily English speaking community. Avoid using "u" for "you" and other abbreviations like that. "brb" and the like are fine, but please use full words during normal conversation!
No Bots. Period. The answer is no. The channel is already being logged and stats get generated. We do not want any other type of bot.
I believe in a rather hands off approach to running a channel. I will only have the minimum number of ops necessary to run things smoothly. Kicks and bans are only given out in the worst cases. Taking advantage of this fact is one of those worst cases. If you feel you've been banned wrongly, you may bring it up through email with email@example.com. Evading bans won't help your case.
- Additionally due to the comic being English, the official language of the channel is English. Please stick to speaking English while you are in here. If you are not proficient in English, rest assured that we are understanding of this.
If you wish to connect to connect to the #altermeta IRC channel the connection information is below. Altermeta's IRC channel is located on Furnet
You will need to use an IRC client of some kind. Recommended ones can also be found below. Furnet does not allow Mibbit or other web based clients. If you need help connecting please email firstname.lastname@example.org
and we will be happy to help you get set up.
To connect to the channel, you must have a client installed. If you do, the link irc://irc.furnet.org/altermeta may work.
Otherwise please use the following connection information and refer to your IRC client's documentation for help connecting:
- Server: irc.furnet.org
- Port: 6667
- Channel: #altermeta