Site and Comic FAQ
- I'm new to the comic! What's going on?
We recommend that you start by reading the Old comic from before the reboot. We decided to reboot the comic to keep the art style and story more consistent, but the old archives are still available to read! After that, starting from the first comic in the current archive is a good place to start. The comic is now broken up into smaller stories so you can start at the beginning of the current chapter if you wish and catch up with the rest later. The list of chapters can be found on the New to Altermeta page.
- When does the comic update?
Altermeta strives to update once a week. The schedule is variable due to the artist's other commitments. If you wish to have updates pushed to you instead of checking regularly, there are several ways to do this!
- You can subscribe to our RSS feed at FeedBurner
- OnlineComics.net will send email notifications whenever a new page is posted
- Clicking the "Notify" button on the Altermeta Talk forum will notify you of new posts. This includes comic updates.
- The Webcomic List will send various types of notifications on updated comics, including Altermeta.
- Altermeta is about Sex, Dragons and Rock & Roll. Is it a porn comic?
Altermeta is not a porn comic! The tagline is a simple play on words from the popular phrase "Sex, Drugs, and Rock & Roll." While the comic can get a little racy at times, it will always stay at a "PG-13" rating. It can explore the same concepts that normal people go through, but will keep things at a level acceptable to readers under the age of 18.
- Where do donations go?
The money is first used to pay for any hosting costs and other costs of the site. The remainder is split 70/30 between Noben (the artist) and Caltsar (Webmaster and editor).
- Are there any incentives for donating?
Yes! You get to see this site stay up! As far as actual incentives go, we like to thank the supporters and we will be in contact with you if we have any incentives to give at the time! Incentives are usually things like exclusive pictures, higher resolution versions of the comics, or (when available) stickers.
- How much should I donate?
You should donate whatever you can afford. We are greatful for any contribution we get. However, due to they way paypal's fees work, $5 or more will leave a good percentage of the money with us and not in fees. The fees do not apply if you send directly from a paypal account, but rather, sending $1 by credit card will only send roughly 67 cents to us. (30 cents + about 2% of the money goes to fees). Don't let that discourage you from donating! Additionally, lower donations may make it hard for us to justify sending any physical incentives.
- What is this tagging thing on the index and archive pages?
Tagging is a way to mark comics with keywords. It's a simple search system for your benefit. There are no set guidelines for this, but some suggestions for tags are:
- A private, unique word to mark your favorite comics.
- Keywords relating to the comic (find all comics that have a certain character in them for example)
- Mark comics as guest comics or filler.
- Is there any way to see what tags people have given a comic?
Yes! You have to add "&tagview=list" to the url. There is no longer an easier way due to abuse of the system. Additionally, content of the tags may not be appropriate.
- Can I request a feature to be added to the site?
Of course you can! Just email a detailed request to firstname.lastname@example.org. It'll be looked at and taken into consideration. If it seems like a good idea, it'll be added to the script. (When I have time)
Site Design and Code Copyright 2007 Callen Magnuson. All Rights Reserved.
Kuvrahks, Characters, Story, Art, World and all images associated Copyright Casey Young.
Powered by PHP, MySQL, and ComicScript v. 0.1.1